Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 years in remission

1 REPLY 1
Nurse_BCN

Re: 2 years in remission

Hi Lisabuck   

Thank you for you post.  

It sounds like a really difficult time for you, especially as you were misdiagnosed initially and feel you have not recovered following your breast cancer treatments. The diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer can impact you physically and emotionally, so it’s unsurprising that it’s taking you time to recover. Acknowledging the fact that you’re feeling emotional is important.  

You might feel that you should be able to move on with your life, but instead you’re still experiencing many different emotions. You may have been left with reminders of what you have been through and a sense of loss for how things were before.     

We hear from many women who after a diagnosis of cancer stop to re-evaluate their lives. Work after cancer treatment can be stressful for some, especially as teachers can often be under a lot of stress.  

You could contact your hospital team to discuss how you are feeling and see if they can offer you further support especially if you are still on hormone therapy   

Let your GP know how you’re feeling. They may be able to make a referral for some talking therapies to get you through this difficult time. They could also help to review the situation with your physical recovery.  

Here at Breast Cancer Now, we offer a variety of services which may help support you now, or in the future.   

Our Moving Forward service run courses to help you adjust to life after treatment has finished.  

Someone Like Me offer one to one support with someone who understands how you’re feeling.  

NHS Choices and Mind have some useful tips to help manage problems with your mental health.  

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.    

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).   

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.   

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.   

Best wishes   

Breast Cancer Now Nurse   

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy    

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread. 

Lisabuck

2 years in remission

I was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer HR to positive and February 2 2018.  I will be 2 years in remission in August. I had to take six rounds of chemo and 30 days of radiation.  The type of cancer I had was very invasive. The chemo and the radiation has done a number on me mentally physically and emotionally. I'm not sure that I'm ever going to recover from this I've actually am thinking about going out on my disability retirement as a school teacher next year. I seem to go forward two steps and I take three steps back.  I'm frustrated I'm angry I'm sad. I just want to feel better and take back my life I honestly don't know who I am or where I belong right now. If you have any advice please help me.