Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After mastectomy

2 REPLIES 2

Re: After mastectomy

Hi Kelmscott

Thanks for posting.

It sounds as if your recovery from surgery has not been straightforward which must have been difficult.

It’s not possible to say what the rash under your breast may be. Do make an appointment with your GP to talk through all your symptoms. It sounds as if a proper assessment with your doctor is what’s necessary. If you have to wait a while for an appointment you can explain to the receptionist your symptoms. You could also contact your hospital team for further advice if you are unable to see your own GP soon.

When feeling better you might be interested to know more about the different services we offer to people affected by breast cancer.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

We are currently reviewing our Forum service and wonder if you would have five to 10 minutes to complete a short survey. The survey will help us gather information about this service and understand more about any improvements we can make.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Re: After mastectomy

Hi, I expect one of the nurses will reply to you soon but I just thought it might help if I share my experience. I'm nearly 5 months after my mastectomy and it's still tender etc but improving. When the dressing was removed my consultant noticed some rashy redness. She said it could be either an allergic reaction to the plasters or the start of an infection and said I should see my GP in case I needed antibiotics. Turned out to be allergy, but good to be reassured. Have you had radiotherapy? That can cause rashes and there's cream for that too. I know it's a right bother seeing yet more Dr's, but what would you advise a friend? I hope you feel better soon. My GP spotted low vitamin D so gave me tablets and I seem to catch less bugs now. All the best 

After mastectomy

I had a right breast mastectomy 6 months ago had a seroma and had to have several draining with ultra sound and has been very slow to heal. I am now suffering some sort of virus and have been in bed for 2 weeks and do not seem to be showing signs of recovering  and have noticed a red rash now under the left recast. What is this is it normal?