Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anaesthetic and mood

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Anaesthetic and mood

Hi nattynats

Thanks for your post.

People can respond differently to a general anaesthetic. Some people might feel tearful or anxious after an operation and there can be number of reasons for this. As Jaybro says coping with the diagnosis and fear of what’s to come can all impact on how you are feeling.

I wonder what support you have already for your anxiety and depression. If possible, you may find it helps to increase the type of support you have during this time.

It’s good you have found our Forums. We also have a Someone Like Me service that you may be interested in. And do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Thank you Jaybro. I'm freaking out because I have to have more lymph nodes out on Tuesday which means another GA. 😢

While you’re waiting for a reply on Monday - from my personal experience Yes, yes, YES. And remember that underlying it all is the trauma of diagnosis and fear of what follows so it’s a triple whammy. Take it easy, listen to your body, mope if you want to and ask for help if it feels unbearable. This is a tough illness. But still do your exercises. If it helps, remember we’ve all been there and there are a LOT of us. I hope things begin to improve for you soon xx

Anaesthetic and mood

Is is usual to have a crash in mood after a general anaesthetic? I have depression and anxiety anyway and the week after my operation was unbearable 😔