Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anastrazole side affects

1 REPLY 1
Nurse_BCN

Re: Anastrazole side affects

Hello Karen1957

Thanks for posting.

We often hear from women who are struggling with the side effects of hormone therapy such as anastrozole. For some the side effects can really impact on their quality of life.

In this situation the options include trying to find ways of managing the side effects, trying a different hormone therapy, or discontinuing treatment

You don’t mention what side effects you are experiencing. Menopausal symptoms can be a main side effect as well as joint aches and pains.

This article has some statistical information about cessation of hormone therapy early, It's in the side effects of endocrine treatment section.

You might find NHS Predict helpful. This can provide a percentage benefit of hormone therapy (and other treatments) in addition to surgery. NHS Predict results are best talked through with one of your treatment team It's not clear if you have spoken with your treatment team or breast care nurse. Do let them know how you are struggling, and they can help support you with a decision.

Often connecting with other women who have experienced something similar can be useful. You can do this through the range of free services we offer.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. We often find we can help people more by speaking to them on the phone. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Thank you for contacting us. Please contact us again in the future if you have any further queries.

Kind regards

Jane

Breast Care Nurse

Breast Cancer Now

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

We’re Breast Cancer Now, and the charity that’s steered by world-class research and powered by life-changing care. We’re here for anyone affected by breast cancer, the whole way through, providing support for today and hope for the future.

Nurse_BCN_0-1646671082178.jpeg

Breast Cancer Now is a company limited by guarantee registered in England (9347608) and a charity registered in England and Wales (1160558), Scotland (SC045584) and the Isle of Man (1200). Registered Office: Fifth Floor, Ibex House, 42–47 Minories, London EC3N 1DY.

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer

Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

Karen1957

Anastrazole side affects

Hi, it’s 18 months in and im really struggling with the bad side affects of taking anastrazole. I’ve been prescribed it for 5 years of treatment. I know that’s the recommendation but I don’t think I can cope with it. Does anyone have any statistics on the health of women that have stopped their 5 year plan early ? My small cancer didn’t reach my lymph nodes. I would like to stop my medication, do I take my chance of the cancer not reaccuring? Thank you for any thoughts..