Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arm pain and numbness

1 REPLY 1
Nurse_BCN

Re: Arm pain and numbness

Hi Rozita

Thanks for posting.

It’s not possible for us to say what may be causing the pain and numbness you are experiencing in your shoulder, hand and fingers and whether it is due to the lymphoedema you have experienced previously. Although you mention that you don’t have any swelling there are other symptoms of lymphoedema which include discomfort.

We would always suggest getting any new symptoms checked. As you have been experiencing pain in your shoulder in the last week and are now getting numbness in your hand, it’s important to make an appointment with your GP to get assessed. It may also be helpful to contact the lymphoedema team to discuss your symptoms.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Louise

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

rozita

Arm pain and numbness

Lumpectomy and auxiliary clearance 10 years ago. Have had some lymphoedema in the past and have a sleeve on prescription. Last week I started with pain from my shoulder down to my hands. There is not the swelling this time but I have got some numbness in my hand and my fingers are colder on this hand than the other?