Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIA ALCLA

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: BIA ALCLA

Hello Saffyalice

Thanks for your post. It sounds like you are really worried about BIA-ALCL following your recent scan and the fluid that was noted. Whilst we can’t comment on individual cases, BIA-ALCL is very rare and there can be other reasons for fluid being noticed on your scan.

In some women with breast implants, a rare type of cancer called breast implant associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL) has been found. It has been diagnosed in women with and without breast cancer who have implants for breast reconstruction or breast enlargement.

It’s not known if the implants are the cause, but there may be a link, particularly to implants with a textured surface.

You can contact your breast care nurse and talk through your concerns with them or do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Please be aware that we will be closed on Monday 25 May due to the bank holiday.

Best wishes

Rachel

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

BIA ALCLA

Hi there 

I had a mastectomy last April implant was put In couple of months after. 
I went for my first annual ultra sound yesterday and it shows fluid in there! 

im now worried if I have BIA ALCLA PLEASE ADVISE!