Beauty care

Having had cancer 4 times and a total of 21 chemo sessions and been on H&P targeted therapy for 6 years, I feel it shows on my face and aged me.  I was given a Nu-face micro-current face firming thing for Xmas and whilst I’m full of gratitude that I’m alive, I still care about how I look.  Is it safe to use micro-current or should I send it back? My last 4 monthly pet ct reported no evidence of active disease.  Xx

Hi Deni1960

Thank you for your question.

This sounds like a difficult time for you, and it is understandable you want to do what you can to feel better about yourself after all your treatment. It is good news your last PET-CT scan showed no active disease.

It is not possible for us to say whether the Nu-face device is safe for you to use but you could ask your treatment team.

You may be interested in the Look Good Feel Better sessions. They run wellbeing workshops and classes virtually and at hospitals and cancer care centres across the UK; led by beauty and health expert volunteers to help people feel good, look better and more like themselves again.

We offer a range of free supportive services for anyone who has had a diagnosis of breast cancer which you may be interested in. 

You can call our helpline to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen to your concerns, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form t icking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday.

Please see the helpline link above and for opening hours over Christmas and the New Year.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Grete

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.