Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biopsy after Breast MRI

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Biopsy after Breast MRI

Hi kazza81

Thanks for your post.

Hearing you need biopsy following a scan can be a really scary time, so it’s not surprising you have many thoughts going round your mind.

I’m unsure of your situation and the reason behind you having an MRI, however being recalled after an MRI is very common.

Breast MRI scans tend to be very good at picking up areas of breast tissue that look ‘abnormal’ in some way.  Most of these areas turn out to be normal or benign (not cancer) changes, but often the images don’t give enough information for doctors to be certain of the cause of the abnormality. Because of this, a biopsy is necessary to check out the area

At times like this it can help to talk through how you are feeling, so if you have met a breast care nurse you may find it helpful to contact her. Otherwise, I’d really encourage you to call our Helpline to talk this through or ask any further questions.

Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Catherine

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Biopsy after Breast MRI

Hi.

I’ve just had a call from my key worker nurse to say that I need to go back for another biopsy as they have seen something they need to check on my Breast MRI yesterday. 
I am really worried now. I have so many thoughts going through my head. Has it spread? Is there another lump etc