Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biopsy pain

1 REPLY 1
Nurse_BCN

Re: Biopsy pain

Hi Jenniferann

Thanks for posting.

It’s not unusual to experience pain and bruising for a few weeks following a core biopsy. However, as this pain has worsened, it may be an idea to get it checked out. It may still be possible to contact the GP before the weekend, otherwise the out-of-hours GP or call 111 if the bruising and pain changes over the weekend.

Taking regular pain relief, such as paracetamol, may also help. You could also try using a cold compress, such as an ice pack, which might reduce the swelling and discomfort.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000  (Next Generation Text service, prefix 18001).

Please be aware our Helpline will be closed on Monday 30 August due to the bank holiday.

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Addie

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Jenniferann

Biopsy pain

Hi, 

I had a core biopsy in both breasts 2weeks ago today. My left breast is BIRADs 5 and my right is BIRADs 3. Both are bruised but were getting better, however when I woke up this morning my left breast is extremely painful around the area of the biopsy especially when I move and when I touch it. I don’t have a temperature and there is no redness, but don’t feel great either and I feel like I’ve been kicked really hard. What do you recommend? I get my results on Tuesday so should I just wait and see what they say?