Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breast Cancer

1 REPLY 1
Nurse_BCN

Re: Breast Cancer

Hi Lacey123  

Thank you for posting. It sounds like you are having a difficult time at the moment. 

The diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer can impact you physically and emotionally, so it’s unsurprising that you are now feeling low. Everyone copes with a diagnosis of breast cancein different ways and you’re likely to experience a range of emotions. Sometimes a cancer diagnosis can trigger low mood and depression. 

Many people are surprised at how emotional they feel when their treatment finishes. Adapting to life after treatment can be difficult and often the need for information and support continues. You may be interested in our resources that are particularly for those who have come to the end of their main hospital treatment. These are known as our Moving forward services and include our Moving Forward resource pack.    

We are also currently providing an Moving Forward online course. The course is open to people who have had a primary breast cancer diagnosis and have finished their hospital-based treatment within the last two years.  You can find out more and register for the programme on our website.    

You may prefer to talk to someone on a one-to-one basis. Our Someone Like Me service has over 200 volunteers who have had a personal experience of breast cancer and are trained to provide support. The volunteers are able to talk to you by email or telephone. 

If you haven’t already it can be helpful to talk with your GP about how you are feeling. Your treatment team or GP can refer you to a counsellor or psychologist for further help and support if needed. 

NHS Choices and Mind have some useful tips to help manage problems with your mental health. 

At times like this it can help to talk through how you are feeling, so do call our Helpline if you would like to talk or have any questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).  

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.   

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.   

Best wishes   

Grete   

Breast Care Nurse   

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy    

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread. 

Lacey123

Breast Cancer

I have finished all my treatment for breast cancer and I am feeling really down at the minute and just go into myself I was just wondering if I was suffering from depression and how I could get help to get me through the low times