Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breast pain

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Breast pain

Hi Kezzybear68

Thanks for posting. It’s understandable you’re wanting some reassurance

Pain and discomfort following radiotherapy treatment is not unusual. And it’s also possible to have pulled a muscle without realising it.

If the pain continues to bother you or starts to effect exercising or movement do get in touch with your breast care nurse again.

We offer a range of free supportive services that you might also be interested in.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Val

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Thank you so much , will certainly discuss it with my BCN and I’ll give evening primrose oil a try 

Hope you’re staying safe and well x

Highlighted

Hi

certainly discuss it with your nurse at your appointment, but I’ve had the same pain without radiotherapy after a lumpectomy and I’ve been told that it’s so common, it’s almost normal.

my consultant had recommended I try evening primrose oil; that does take a few weeks to kick in, though.

stay safe and well

x

Highlighted

Breast pain

I finished radiotherapy on 31/03/20 but the last week I’ve had what feels like a pulled muscle type of pain at the top of my breast and armpit , I had a lumpectomy and sentinel lymph’s removed in December but healed quickly with hardly any pain , I’ve been told some pain is normal , I have a phone consultation with a breast care nurse on 23rd of this month but just needed some reassurance.

Thank you