Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Fibroadenoma

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Changing Fibroadenoma

Hi Pchap

Thanks for posting. 

It sounds as though the fibroadenoma you had diagnosed a year ago has grown in recent weeks.  Occasionally a fibroadenoma can increase in size and become more obvious. When this happens it’s best to go back your GP to have this rechecked.  You are not being a nuisance, and it’s important for you to know that your GP and other parts of the NHS are still talking to and seeing patients in clinics.

We cannot say what is causing the bruises you mention or if this is related to the fibroadenoma so do also mention this to your GP.

Despite the current pandemic, people are still encouraged to report any new breast  symptoms or changes without delay. Your GP is likely to offer a telephone appointment initially but will refer you back to the breast clinic if necessary. 

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Eve

Breast Care Nurse

Breast Cancer Now

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Re: Changing Fibroadenoma

Hi Pchap - welcome to the forum, but I'm sorry that you find yourself here. I had a fibroadenoma many years before my breast cancer, but from what I understand they are not connected. My fibroadenoma didn't change at all over the years. I think any changes to the breast should be checked, most times there will be nothing wrong but if there is an issue it's better to get it dealt with quickly. I totally understand your comment about Covid and not wanting to trouble the NHS - but the NHS has stressed that they are now open for business and want people to consult their GP if they have concerns. You are definitely not a nuisance for wanting to get your lump checked. I really hope your GP can give you some reassurance, but don't be alarmed if you are fast tracked to the breast clinic. That is standard practice for lumps.

Sending you big hugs. If you feel like checking back in on here and letting us know how you get on that would be great, but totally up to you. If I can help with any other questions please let me know.

Evie xx

Highlighted

Changing Fibroadenoma

Hi girls, 

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask but frankly i am scared and feel like a nusance to the NHS due to covid 19. Around 1 year ago i was told i had a fibroadenoma and was told it may get smaller or dissapear but over the past few weeks it has grown and got harder to the point where i can constanly feel it and i am also getting new bruises on that breast each day. I have searched google and cannot find any guidance, should i be concerned or shall i just ignore it for now?

Many thanks xx