Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 3 Radiotherapy

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Day 3 Radiotherapy

Hi Nipper11

Thanks for posting.

The colour change that you’re noticing could be normal for you.

Radiotherapy affects people in different ways and your treatment team will monitor any side effects and advise you on skin care according to the type of skin reaction you have. Do tell them when you go today about any concerns you have.

You could also talk to someone from our Someone Like Me service. There are over 200 volunteers who have had a personal experience of breast cancer and are trained to provide support. The volunteers are able to talk to you by email or telephone.

Our mobile app BECCA provides day-to-day strategies, hints and tips to help you move forward. The easy-to-use cards give you bite-size information on everything from managing menopausal symptoms to strategies for coping with anxiety. Categories include food, exercise, mindfulness and beauty. You can also read blogs from people like you who are adjusting to life beyond breast cancer treatment.

You can download BECCA for free from Google Play and the App Store. If you don’t have a smartphone, you can use the online version.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open. 

We are currently reviewing our Forum service and wonder if you would have five to 10 minutes to complete a short survey. The survey will help us gather information about this service and understand more about any improvements we can make.

Best wishes

Marretje

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Re: Day 3 Radiotherapy

Hi Nipper11

Thanks for posting your question.

We hope to be able to respond to you tomorrow.

In the meantime our Helpline is open until 4pm today if you would like to talk things through. 

If you do phone our Helpline please let us know that you have asked a question on our forum so that we know your query has been answered. Thank you

With best wishes.

Lisa

Ask Our Nurses Co-ordinator

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer .

Highlighted

Day 3 Radiotherapy

Hello, I am only at day 3 of radiotherapy and my breast skin is starting to change colour - light pink.  Is this normal as such a short time?  I am taking aloe vera to moisturise it. Was quite up beat after this mornings session but this has throw me.