Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ec chemo and still have hair

1 REPLY 1
Nurse_BCN

Re: Ec chemo and still have hair

Hi Dogslover

Thanks for your post.

When and how your falls out or starts to thin depends on the type of drugs used, the dose and how often you have chemotherapy. If you have chemotherapy every two to three weeks, hair loss will usually start two to three weeks after your first treatment, but it may take time for all your hair to come out. If you have chemotherapy every week, the hair loss may also happen more slowly.

Managing hair loss can be difficult. The organisation Cancer Hair Care offer specific support to anyone experiencing hair loss from cancer treatment.  

Talking to someone who has had a similar experience can also be helpful and our Someone Like Me service can arrange for one of our volunteers to talk to you by email or telephone. Our volunteers have had a personal experience of breast cancer and are trained to provide support.  

You can ring the Someone Like Me team on 0345 077 1893 or email them at someone.likeme@breastcancernow.org,so they can then match you to your volunteer.   

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Catherine

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Dogslover

Ec chemo and still have hair

This might be a silly question, but my hair was coming out in clumps, as expected, after first cycle, but about to have third cycle and still have