Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emotional upheaval

1 REPLY 1
Nurse_BCN

Re: Emotional upheaval

Hello Nicole

Thank you for your post.

Being diagnosed with cancer can be a very anxious and stressful time.

Often during times of stress and anxiety people can experience intrusive thoughts. Also, alcohol can disrupt sleep and cause anxiety.

It sounds as if it would help to speak to someone about how this. You can call our Helpline to talk through your diagnosis of ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) and how you are feeling. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000.

It might also help to talk to your breast care nurse and find out what supportive services are available at the hospital. Counselling can often be  offered. Your GP can also let you know how they can help.

Speaking to someone else who has had a similar experience can be helpful. You can access this support through our Somone Like Me service. Also, the section on our Forum for those recently diagnosed with breast cancer might be of interest.

As I say do give us a call to chat things through or if you would like one of our nurses to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Feralfinder

Emotional upheaval

I'm sure I cant be the only one who's had this problem  but I was diagnosed  with  dcis  last week.  The evening  turned into emotional  and too much alcohol  for sure but I woke up in the middle  of the night shaking and with a very fast beating  heart..  added to that  there was a thought running around my head that I didn't  love my wonderfully  supportive  and giving husband who has been constantly  by my side through whatever livfe has thrown at us  for the last 24 years... is this some kind of psychological  trait that you try and push people  you love most away so they dont have to deal with the trauma.  Obviously  I haven't  spoken  to him about it... but its adding to the trauma in my head.. 

Any experience and help would be great....