Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Falling over for no reason

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Falling over for no reason

Hi Sib

Thanks for posting

It sounds as though you’re having a difficult time and it’s understandable that your recent fall has dented your confidence.

Tiredness and fatigue can be a problem for some people long after they finish treatment and can make a difference to how you cope with daily life and work. The neuropathy you mention may have been a factor in your fall even though you were on flat ground. You mention that you have had to leave work one day because you felt so fatigued and your manager has been concerned that you look unwell. In view of all of this it would be a good idea to see your GP as other conditions such as anaemia may need to be ruled out.

If you are still under follow up at the hospital you could also contact your treatment team about how you are feeling. If you have a breast care nurse she may arrange for your clinic appointment to be brought forward. If you’ve been discharged then you GP can assess you and refer you back to the hospital if necessary. 

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Best wishes

Eve

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted
Sib

Falling over for no reason

I was diagnosed with stage 3 her2 positive breast cancer in june 2017. Subsequently had mastectomy, chemo, herceptin further mastectomy with bilateral  diep reconstruction. Had a tough time during chemo with several changes to my treatment plan. 

I returned to work on staged return in march of this year, have struggled a bit with tiredness etc and still only managing to do 3 x 6 hour days at work. In last few weeks i have had 2 falls which i cant explain, the most recent last week really shocked me, ibadly bruised my hand and knee and was so shocked i had to go to bed (didnt seek medical attention). I dont know why these falls happened, i only wear training shoes now due to issues left with neuropathy after chemo and was on flat ground. This has really dented my confidence, especially as i commute to work. I am also getting feelings of just having no energy and i look unwell, my line manager has spoken to me as she has been concerned on a couple of occasions by how i look, i did have to leave work early one day as I felt so fatigued.  Though other times i feel fine, though still never have energy stamina of my pre cancer days. I would have thought by now i should be feeling better and stronger or is this something i should mention to my GP?