Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgotten to bring Tamoxifan away!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Forgotten to bring Tamoxifan away!

Hi Wonderer2020

Thanks for your post.

It’s not unusual for women to not take their treatment with tamoxifen for a short period of time in some situations, for example if they are having side effects or prior admission to hospital for any type of surgery, but this is always done under the direction of the treatment team. 

It's not possible for us to say for certain what, if any, impact taking a short break will have on your relative, so it’s sensible for her to try and contact her GP or breast care nurse to discuss the situation.  As she is unable to do this, you or she could talk to an oncology pharmacist at her hospital, or a local pharmacist to ask for further advice on how best to get the drugs to her if necessary.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Please be aware that we will be closed on Monday 31 August due to the bank holiday. 

Best wishes

Catherine

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Forgotten to bring Tamoxifan away!

Quick question. A family member has gone on holiday abroad and in the midst of packing forgotten to take her medication bag which includes Tamoxifan. 

I had a call today from them to tell me they were trying to call the doctor but given Covid here she just can't get through plus time difference. She asked if do you think I could post them and I said probably not only with permission of a medical professional. 

She found two in her handbag so think including today will go 10 days without taking it. Is this going to have any major effect on the overall treatment that the pill provides with this short break. I think she's just worried and clearly now probably won't enjoy her holiday because of it .