Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have Totally Lost The Plot

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Have Totally Lost The Plot

Hello Wonky

Thanks for posting.

Many people are surprised at how emotional they feel when their treatment finishes. Adapting to life after treatment can be difficult and often the need for information and support continues. You are not alone in feeling this way.

You may be interested in our resources that are particularly for those who have come to the end of their main hospital treatment. These are known as our Moving forward services and include our resources pack and Moving Forward course. Our mobile app BECCA provides day-to-day strategies, hints and tips to help you move forward. You can download BECCA for free from Google Play and the App Store. If you don’t have a smartphone, you can use the online version.

Dr Peter Harvey a Consultant Clinical Psychologist wrote about how people can feel after treatment has finished. Although the article is many years old and not specific to breast cancer the emotional issues discussed remain relevant.  You can read this through the following link

After the treatment has finished - Then what?

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted
Community Champion

Re: Have Totally Lost The Plot

Deleted as in wrong section

Highlighted

Have Totally Lost The Plot

I should be happy, no? Through op, through rads. Yet feel worse now than the day the surgeon told me I had BC. I cannot make sense it.