Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Herbal remedies to combat anxiety

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Herbal remedies to combat anxiety

Hello missie1986

Thanks for your post.

Many people ask about vitamin and herb supplements as they want to do as much as possible to help their physical or emotional health but you’re right many herbal treatments can interfere with conventional medicines such as tamoxifen so are best avoided.

You can search here for information about individual herbs and vitamins. Each has sections on existing evidence and what known interaction there is with other medications. There is a consumer version or a health professional link for more details.

There are a range of different ways to manage and get support with anxiety.  You might also be interested in the NHS website Every Mind Matters

I wonder if you have spoken to someone in your treatment team, your breast care nurse perhaps, or your GP about how you are feeling. They can explore the different ways that may help you.

Getting support from others who have experienced something similar can also be really beneficial. You can do this through the other sections of our Forum and our Someone Like Me service

Perhaps talking this through with one of us here would help. Do feel free to all our Helpline.  Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Re: Herbal remedies to combat anxiety

Sorry. Once again, I answer in the nurses’ section! Removed xx

Highlighted

Herbal remedies to combat anxiety

Would like to know what I can have along tamoxifen . I feel like everything interferes with it in some way and I’m all for doing things naturally if possible. 

St. John’s wort - interferes 

cbd oil - interferes 

echineas - interferes 

how do we manage are anxiety ??