Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot Tub

2 REPLIES 2
Nurse_BCN

Re: Hot Tub

Hi country_bumpki

Thanks for posting asking if you can use your hot tub.

You mention that you had a lumpectomy and sentinel lymph node biopsy on the 1st November. As adoptedmanc says if your wound is completely healed, there is no reason to suggest that you can’t use it. 

We would always suggest checking with your breast care nurse or treatment team when you are having radiotherapy as the area where the radiotherapy is being given may be more sensitive.  

We offer a range of free supportive services that you might be interested in.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Please be aware that we will close at 12.30pm on Friday 24 December and be open again from 9am on Wednesday 29 December. We will close again at 12.30pm on Friday 31 December, and open again from Tuesday 4 January 2022

Best wishes

Louise

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

adoptedmanc

Re: Hot Tub

Hello @country_bumpkin 

I hope you are well, it sounds like your recovery from surgery is going well. 
From memory I don’t think there should be an issue using a hot tub post surgery, but I would double check with one of the nurses. Is the hot tub yours and are you able to control the temperature (if so, I can’t see there can be any difference from having a warm bath)
I suspect you may be advised against having anything too hot during radiotherapy: you certainly have to avoid saunas etc. I went swimming a few days after my radiotherapy finished but got out quite quickly as my skin felt uncomfortable. 
AM xxx

country_bumpkin

Hot Tub

Hiya,

I had my surgery for lumpectomy and sentinel nodes removal on 1st Nov,  so over 5 weeks ago. I'm jit having Radiotherapy until sometime in January. Dates have not yet been given.

I'm feeling very well and I've gone back to work part time. My scar is healing very well too.

Do you know if its OK for me to go in my Hot Tub? I find it extremely relaxing and helps me lots. I haven't gone in so far but just thought I best ask.

Many thanks

CB x