Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infection in armpit and a seroma

1 REPLY 1

Re: Infection in armpit and a seroma

Hi Alvilajo

Thanks for your post.

It sounds as if you’re having a tough time at the moment.

I’m unsure what your symptoms are due to. However, it’s important you seek help as soon as possible, either by going to see your hospital team or GP urgently. They’ll be able to assess your seroma and scarring.

Alternatively, if you’re unable to see them at short notice and you still feel unwell, you could attend your nearest urgent care centre.

If you have an infection, the antibiotics you’re taking may not be suitable for the type of infection you have.

Taking regular paracetamol can help reduce your temperature.

At Breast Cancer Now, we offer a variety of services to support you now, or in the future.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Addie

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Infection in armpit and a seroma

Hi I’m on antibiotics for an infection in my armpit which is so sore and making me feel so unwell. I also have a seroma which has come up. My scar from armpit clearance back in may is no longer smooth it’s bumpy and painful. 
am I feeling so ill because my immune system isn’t quite right yet. I had chemo and finished radio therapy on 18th December. I’ve had shivers and temperature on and off since Friday xx