Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intraductal Papilloma

1 REPLY 1

Re: Intraductal Papilloma

Hi wjf70

Thanks for posting.

It’s understandable to feel anxious if your symptoms are worsening.

Intraductal papilloma is a benign (not cancer) breast condition. A common symptom of an intraductal papilloma is blood-stained nipple discharge, so it is likely what you have noticed is related to this.  However, as you have noticed this change and your symptoms have become more persistent you can contact your treatment team to let them know.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Best wishes

Louise

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Intraductal Papilloma

Hi,

I’m looking for some advice please. I was diagnosed with an intraductal papilloma back in March after finding a small

lump. I’m on the list for surgery probably next month. For the last couple of months I’ve had small amounts of bleeding from my nipple. I raised it with my GP but he didn’t seem overly concerned and thought it was linked to the biopsy I had. However, the biopsy was in March and I’m still bleeding- not every day and usually only a couple of spots. Today, however, I wore a lighter weight bra due to the heat and it bled more than usual and went through the bra and my shirt! Is my GP right or should I be contacting the Consultant again? Thanks in advance for any help or advice.