Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isolation

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Isolation

Hello nieve2016

Thanks for posting. Making sense of all the guidance can be really confusing.

The NHS website gives some information on going into hospital, COVID and self-isolation. It suggests that you, the people you live with and anyone in your support bubble may need to self-isolate before you go into hospital. 

You may want to have a look at the NICE guidance published at the end of July about planned surgery. This says that for 14 days prior to surgery you will need to social distance and follow hand hygiene routines for 14 days before admission.  Three days before admission you will need to have a COVID test and from the time of this test, to your admission, you will need to isolate yourself completely.  Most hospitals will have a procedure that they are following based on the NICE guidance, I have included an example of this here to give you an idea of what you might need to do. You will still need to confirm this with your team prior to your admission.

You may want more information about reconstruction and you can access this by following this link.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Please be aware that we will be closed on Monday 31 August due to the bank holiday. 

Best wishes

Rachel

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Isolation

I have spoke to my breast cancer nurse about self isolation before and after having a single mastectomy with immediate implant reconstruction and they haven’t said much as they said it keeps changing and tells me to wait nearer the time, I have 3 children at school and a partner who works so need to know a bit more in advance regarding how the self isolation works and for how long. My partner needs to tell his work and I need to arrange with school. Could you help?