Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letrozole ingredients

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Letrozole ingredients

Hello bluegeranium

Thanks for posting.

Hormone therapy like letrozole is prescribed in primary breast cancer to reduce the risk of a recurrence and in secondary breast cancer to help control it and reduce symptoms.

A number of different pharmaceutical companies make letrozole. We are unable to say why they contain certain ingredients but they may be able to. Some of these companies have a customer care or medical information telephone contact. Or you could speak to your local pharmacist.

The only real alternatives to letrozole would be one of the other aromatase inhibitors. These also have side effects but may contain less of the ingredients you are trying to avoid.

I’m not sure if you have started to experience any side effects. It might help to speak with your oncologist or breast care nurse about the concerns you have with taking letrozole.    

You may also be interested in the range of free services we offer. In particular it might help to connect with other women who are taking hormone therapy to hear about their experience. You can do this through this section of our on line Forum.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Letrozole ingredients

I have spent a lifetime avoiding food colourings and artificail additives in foods. Normally, I rarely take any medications. Since the Breast Cancer diagnosis I have been prescribed to take Letrozole. I am horrified to read the side effects and ingredients list. Why are there so many food colourings in the film coating of these tablets?

30 years ago I worked in a school Lunchtime Youth Club and campaigned to have the penny sweets removed from the Tuck Shop. It seems a real injustice that I am now being encouraged to consume them to improve my health. Are there any other choices that are a healthier option, with possibly less side effects?