Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long period since diagnosis

3 REPLIES 3
Nurse_BCN

Re: Long period since diagnosis

Hello Collkaa 

Thanks for posting. 

The average age a women will go through the menopause in the UK is 51 so as Slightly Lopsided says it's possible you are perimenopausal and the bleeding is unrelated to the breast cancer. It is natural to feel paranoid about any symptoms after a breast cancer diagnosis though. 

Hopefully, your breast cancer nurse or someone in your treatment team will ring you today as requested. You can also talk this through with your GP. 

You may be interested in our information about triple negative breast cancer (TNBC). And here are the details of all our services. 

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001). 

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back. 

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Best wishes 

Jane 

Breast Care Nurse 

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy  

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread. 

Collkaa

Yes maybe I have asked hospital to ring men tomorrow to discuss but I am going paranoid about everything, thanks for your reply 

Slightly Lopsided

Hello @Collkaa 

Sorry to hear your diagnosis and I hope you're recovering well from your lumpectomy operation.

Obviously you will want to discuss this with your medical team -but....is there a tiny possibility you might actually  be peri-menopausal and  it might be completely unrelated?I know it's hard after a cancer diagnosis to ever be rational about anything to do with your body ever again.

Nobody warns you but suddenly periods can go completely haywire around your age.From being someone who had utterly regular periods ,I celebrated my 50th birthday with one that went on for 2 weeks-and then complete unpredictability !

Good luck with  your recovery🤗

Collkaa

Long period since diagnosis

Diagnosed 23/2 with tnbc and bled a bit and thought was my period and then week later bleeding again and been bleeding for two weeks now which is not like me , I’m 49 and had lumpectomy yesterday but now worries about this bleeding / periods