Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after scars

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Looking after scars

Hi nattynats

Thanks for posting.

Although there is no evidence that rubbing cream into a scar will improve the appearance of it, some people feel it helps.

Most skin creams and oils can be used as long as they suit your skin. It’s also important the wound has fully healed before applying any lotions. As Shi says, your own team might be able to make some recommendations as well.

You may be interested in the range of free services we offer. This also includes our free and confidential Helpline. Do feel free to call if you have any further questions.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm and 9am to 1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Please be aware that we will be closed on Saturday 9 November for training purposes.

Thank you for contacting us. Please contact us again in the future if you have any further queries.

Kind regards

Jane

Breast Care Nurse

Breast Cancer Now

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer

Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

Thank you Shi. I'll give that a go. 😊

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi nattynats I just creamed with aqueous cream and no scarring, it was tip passed onto me by cousin who had bc before me. Think others have used bio oil too. Don’t forget to ask your team too for anything they might recommend ❤️Hope this helps 💕💕✨✨shi xx

Looking after scars

Does anyone have any advice about how to minimise scarring after a wide local excision? I have a scar around the top of my areola and am worried about how it's going to look. 

Thank you!