Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRI after ultrasound clear

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: MRI after ultrasound clear

Hi Tash 2410

Thanks for posting here.

A variety of different investigations are often used to check out breast symptoms.  This is because sometimes one method will provide more, or better information than another. You don’t say how old you are, but MRI scans can be helpful when investigating a breast symptom in younger women since their breast tissue is much denser. 

As the dimple you’ve noticed has persisted, and there is no obvious cause to see on the ultrasound, it sounds as though the doctor is being cautious and has requested an MRI to see if this can provide any further information.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Catherine

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

MRI after ultrasound clear

Hi 

I attended a breast clinic yesterday. I have a dimple on my right breast. I first had this in 2017 and got all clear from the clinic. It recently got bigger so i got referred again.

Yesterday I had an ultrasound and nothing could be seen. The Dr said he was going to send me for an MRI scan next week to have a further check. 
It was all a bit rushed and I didn’t get a chance to ask why. This didn’t happen in 2017. Could they be looking for something the ultrasound wouldn’t show? Or maybe just cautious.

Thank you for any support x