Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mammograms

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Mammograms

Hi Gingernut1

Thanks for posting.

Your concern about missing out on your annual follow up mammogram is understandable.  As you are aware many areas paused their breast screening, including annual follow up mammograms, when staff were redeployed in the early days of the pandemic. 

Most areas have now restarted breast screening, but fewer women will be seen at each clinic.  This is due to the need for social distancing and appropriate infection control measures. It will take some months before screening services are running at normal levels, which may lead to delays for some women. Although this might be worrying it’s been done to focus NHS staff and resources on coronavirus and to protect people. 

If you want to know more about what is happening in your own area, you can contact your breast screening service.  To find the breast screening service for your area, click on the link to whichever country you live in, England   Scotland   Wales   Northern Ireland .

Or your breast care nurse may be able to tell you what is happening in your area and find out when you can expect to hear about your appointment.

It still important to remain breast aware and if you notice a change do contact your GP.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Eve

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Mammograms

I have to have annual follow up mammograms due to a mascetomy in 2017. Due to Covid this has not happened which I fully understand.  Because Covid is hear to stay it means that I will be missing out on routine screening. What should I do. I currently have no date