Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice please

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Need advice please

Hello Charliep5

Thanks for your post.

It can be really worrying when you have had breast cancer and you notice something different and new, as you have, with the dimpling and indentation. Sometimes after breast surgery and radiotherapy, even if you completed it in November, the breast can take time to settle and during this time the breast may look and feel different.

As seabreeze says, you can contact your breast care nurse, you would not be wasting her time, so that she can advise you.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Please be aware that we will be closed on Friday 8 May due to the bank holiday.

Best wishes

Rachel

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Thankyou seabreeze, i will give her a ring in the morning! I still struggle with it all 😔i appreciate your kindness x

Highlighted

Hi Charlie,

Phoning to report and ask about the skin changes/indentation you have noticed is certainly not being a drama queen (so please dismiss that thought immediately!) and no breast cancer nurse would think so. It's what your should do! Please contact them - best to get it checked out as soon as possible.

You could also phone the nurse at the forum, but from what you say it's definitely worth getting it checked out by your hospital treatment team.

Seabreeze X

Highlighted

Thankyou for replying, i was due my first mammogram this monyh but due yo citcumstances i presume its been postponed, i just didnt want to bother my breast care nurse again as ive had issues with my Tamoxifen side effects and i dont want to come across as a drama queen to them being a hypochondriac, x

Highlighted

Hi Charlie,

I'm not a nurse - just another member of the bc club doing a quick response until the nurse responds to you.

If you are at all unsure please get it checked out by contacting the hospital where you have check-ups. When was your last check-up? Are you due to have one soon or was it put on hold re covid19? 

I suggest if you can speak to the breast care nurse at the hospital, and perhaps discuss if you could email them a photo of the area which you have spotted?

I'm sure the forum nurse will reply soon, just thought maybe you could contact your breast cancer nurse in the morning - since with all these things they tend to niggle until you have had it checked.

Seabreeze (with a virtual hug)

X

Highlighted

Need advice please

Hi i was diagnosed last April with stage 2 grade 2 invasive lobular carcinoma at age 40 i had a wide excision lumpectomy, reconstruction and suffered a heamatoma, i also had 20 sessions of radiotherapy which ended in Nov '19 i currently take Tamoxifen, i have noticed over last 8wks that i have an indentation and dimpling on my affected breast is this normal after all my treatment, im abit concerned thankyou x