Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Painful itchy breast 7 months post radiotherapy

1 REPLY 1

Re: Painful itchy breast 7 months post radiotherapy

Hello Helc

Thanks for posting.

It can take many months for the breast to settle down after surgery and radiotherapy. Some women may always notice a different feeling or sensation in the treated area. Sometimes there may be no symptoms but they develop later. It’s good to get any changes checked out though as you have done and understand you felt dismissed by the BCN.

You could ask if there is a different nurse at the hospital or you could contact your oncologist via their secretary.

Alternatively you could see your GP. Mondor’s is quite uncommon but can develop as a result of surgery to the breast. Your GP may suggest referring you back to the breast clinic for an assessment. If they confirm this is cording some physiotherapy might help. Your GP or hospital team can refer you to a physiotherapist.

It might be helpful to talk this through further with one of us here. Our Helpline opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open. 

You may also find it helpful to connect with others who have had similar treatment. Our Someone Like Me service and Moving Forward course might be particularly helpful.

We are currently reviewing our Forum service and wonder if you would have five to 10 minutes to complete a short survey. The survey will help us gather information about this service and understand more about any improvements we can make.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Painful itchy breast 7 months post radiotherapy

Finished radio 7 months ago and been ok for few months . Developed painful itchy breast 2 weeks ago . Painful cord under breast for 3 months - saw bc nurse with that and told normal ( I thought was mondors) now got 4 ! 

Do I go to GP  or back to bc who dismissed me last time ?