Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post LD flap and implant discomfort and pain

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Post LD flap and implant discomfort and pain

Hi Jan

Thanks for posting

Although it’s not possible for us to what may be causing the symptoms you mention, some people do continue to have pain and discomfort following breast reconstruction surgery and the area can feel tight and lumpy.

As these symptoms are continuing and you are experiencing discomfort in your right breast, it might be helpful to be re-assessed by your treatment team. In the first instance you could contact your breast care nurse and ask how best to proceed.

You may find it helpful to read about other peoples experience of breast reconstruction on this section of our forum.

We also offer a range of free supportive services that you might be interested in.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Val

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Post LD flap and implant discomfort and pain

I had an LD flap in my left breast eight months ago.  Also SN removal.  Immediately post op all was good.  Then after about 6 weeks, I felt that parts of the breast felt stringy, lumpy and the breast was becoming misshapen. I saw my oncoplastic surgeon and she didn’t seem worried.  Said it was lymphatic fluid and to massage daily, which I have been doing.  Although the massage helps.  It still feels tight, lumpy at times and heavy.  In fact, when I lie on my right side the pressure on my right breast, which is also a tummy reconstruction from 19 years ago and hasn’t given me cause for concern, is now weirdly feeling uncomfortable.

my underarm still feels uncomfortable too, as if I am carrying something in my armpit.