Post breast and lymph node surgery

Hi, I am in my 7th year post BC and for the past few months have been having a lot of soreness around scar tissue area ,mostly lympnode scar. I cannot feel any lumps in that breast but it is quite tender. I haven’t had a mammogram for over a year now as they said I don’t need one for 3 years after the last one. Should I be worried 

Hi tiggyleg1960 

Thanks for posting,  

It’s understandable that you are asking about the soreness you have noticed around your lymph node surgery scar and the tenderness in your breast, seven years after breast cancer treatment. 

Soreness in the axilla (under your arm) and tenderness in the breast can occur for lots of reasons. As you have had this for a few months, we would always suggest that you either contact your treatment team, if you are still under the care of the hospital, or your GP to discuss your symptoms.  

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen to your concerns, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK - prefix 18001). 

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form t** icking the box agreeing to a call back.**  

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am - 1pm on Saturday.   

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.   

Best wishes  

Mandy   

Breast Care Nurse   

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy    

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.