Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post chemo 9 months.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Post chemo 9 months.

Hello mini mad

Thanks for your post. Although it’s difficult for us to advise on individual cases, many people have been in contact wondering if a previous diagnosis of breast cancer means they are more at risk of getting the coronavirus (COVID-19).

As far as we know, the majority of people who have had breast cancer will not be at any higher risk and so can follow the advice given for the rest of the population. Those who may be at higher risk include anyone with low immunity, such as people currently having chemotherapy. Shielding  is being done to protect people who are at the highest risk of serious illness from the coronavirus. 

We’ve had calls from some people who finished treatment some time ago but have still been asked to stay home. We think this may be because they had chemotherapy or biological therapies in the past. This may be the case for you, you can contact your hospital team or GP to ask them to clarify what you should do, you may also have been asked to shield for another reason not related to breast cancer.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Please be aware that we will be closed on Monday 25 May due to the bank holiday.

Best wishes

Rachel

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread

Highlighted

Post chemo 9 months.

Good afternoon,

i received a letter stating that i was in the " high risk " catagory re the coronavirus.

its been 9 months now since i had my final chemo session so i did not xpect to have to self isolate for 12 weeks.  Wondering if perhaps i was sent this letter in error.

what are your thoughts please ?  Mini mad xx 💖💖