Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre op assessment blood results

2 REPLIES 2
Nurse_BCN

Re: Pre op assessment blood results

Hello Crooky 

Thanks for your post. It’s understandable that you are concerned about your blood results especially after your experience with your husband.  

You explain that you have a high ferritin and other blood results that have come back abnormal. These tests are usually connected to your haemaglobin (which is responsible for transporting oxygen in the blood).  

As you are worried, it sounds as though it would be a good idea for you to contact your GP to arrange a phone consultation so that they  can talk through these results with you.    

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.  

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001). 

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.   

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.    

Best wishes   

Rachel   

Breast Cancer Now Nurse   

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy    

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread. 

Nurse_BCN

Re: Pre op assessment blood results

Hi Crooky 

Thanks for posting your question.

We hope to be able to respond to you on Monday.

In the meantime our Helpline is open between 9am and 1pm tomorrow (Saturday) if you would like to talk things through. 

If you do phone our Helpline please let us know that you have asked a question on our forum so that we know your query has been answered. Thank you

With best wishes.

Lisa

Ask Our Nurses Service Co-ordinator

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

Crooky

Pre op assessment blood results

Hi, I had therapeutic mammoplasty and SNB in February followed by radiotherapy for grade two invasive ductal cancer.  I’m now about to have equalisation surgery next Friday so had bloods yesterday.  They show a few abnormal results so high ferritin, MCH,MCHC and creatinine and low egfr.  I don’t expect to hear anything from the surgeon about this but I’m worried something else is going on.  Should I call my GP or just wait?  I’m so scared of anything else going wrong and mostly because of my husband who had “funny “ blood results and our previous GP ignored them but actually my husband had myelodisplasia and subsequently died so I’m more worried about strange blood results.