Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prostap Injection

1 REPLY 1

Re: Prostap Injection

Hi Po

Thanks for posting.

We’re aware that some people are currently changing the treatment they are having in order to reduce the amount of times they need to visit hospitals or GP surgeries to receive it in the coming weeks and months.

The way that Prostap is given looks to be different to Zoladex, as it is an injection of liquid rather than a small implant/pellet.

Pain, inflammation and swelling at the site of the injection of Prostap are all very commonly reported. You may find it helpful to take some pain relief such as paracetamol to see if this helps. If the side affects you describe continue, do contact your treatment team or GP for further advice.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Currently our opening hours are Monday to Friday 10am to 3pm, and we are closed on Saturdays.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Catherine

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Prostap Injection

Hi, I was diagnosed with breast cancer about 20 months ago.  I had  a mastectomy, chemo then radio.  Every 4 weeks I was then getting the Zoladex implant into my tummy.  Yesterday I was given the Prostap injection in place of Zoladex and this will be every 3 months.  I could not sleep with the pain last night in my tummy and bending or walking is painful.  The site where the injection went in is sore to touch and swollen.  Is it normal for this to happen?  Thanks