Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referral to breast clinic

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Referral to breast clinic

Hello Flamingo20

It’s natural to be feel anxious or worried if you have been referred to the breast clinic,  especially if you’re not sure what to expect.

Here is information about what to expect at your breast clinic appointment that may help you to feel more prepared.  At the breast clinic, you will be seen by a nurse or doctor who will ask you some questions and take a medical history. Usually you will have a breast examination and then they will decide what tests are necessary.

The majority of nipple discharges are associated with  benign breast conditions (not cancer) But its best to be sure, which is why your GP has referred you for further assessment.

.If you have any other questions or just want to talk things through, do call our Helpline .Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Please be aware that we will be closed on Monday 31 August due to the bank holiday. 

Best wishes

Wendy

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Referral to breast clinic

I have been referred to the breast clinic after visiting my GP with a nipple infection. My appointment is next week and I'm getting rather anxious. I first visited my GP at the start of August after my nipple became sore and there was some discharge (but not spontaneous). My culture results confirmed an infection but after 2 courses of antibiotics there is still some pus around the nipple..I've been referred as they suspect I have chronic inflammation of a duct. I have no lumps and no other symptoms apart from pain (when my nipple problem) first started. Please could someone tell me what to expect at the breast clinic? The closer my appointment gets the more anxious I get it's something more than inflammation. Thank you.