Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Skin graft after nipple graft failed

1 REPLY 1
Nurse_BCN

Re: Skin graft after nipple graft failed

Hello Janet

Thanks for your post asking about recovery after a skin graft and nipple tattoo after surgery for invasive ductal cancer.

You may want to ask your breast care nurse about how long you will need for your recovery and when you can go back to work as this will depend on the surgeons' recommendations. Once you have this information you will then be able to let your job know what duties you will be able to complete.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Rachel

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Peggypeggy

Skin graft after nipple graft failed

Hello

I was diagnosed with invasive ductal  cancer so had the cancer removed plus a breast reduction

One of my nipple grafts failed and I am having a skin graft and then a tattoo 

could you tell me how much recovery I will need before I go back to work and how careful I will need to be 

i am a physio assistant but Im Sure I will be given some clerical work to do when I do go back 

thankyou

Janet