Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Titanium marker pain

1 REPLY 1
Nurse_BCN

Re: Titanium marker pain

Hello Lynn23

Thank you for posting.

After surgery for breast cancer,in the weeks and months that follow, it’s common to feel some pain and discomfort. Different sensations such as numbness, soreness as well as bruising in and around the scar area and under the arm can also be experienced. As healing takes place, these effects usually subside and for most people this happens over a period of a few months. However, for some, they can persist for longer. It sounds as if the pain though has developed recently. It's difficult to say if this pain is due to the titanium marker, but if this continues you may want to contact your treatment team for advice.

Radiotherapy to the breast can also cause some discomfort after the treatment has finished.

Getting comfortable in bed can be difficult when you are experiencing pain. It may help to wear a comfortable bra . Taking pain relief such as paracetamol or ibuprofen (if you are able to) before going to bed may also help. You might find it helpful to read or post on this area of our Forum  The forums are message boards where people affected by breast cancer can post messages of support and share information. You can read the forums without registering. If you would like to join a discussion or start your own, you just need to register.

Talking to someone who has had a similar experience can be helpful and our Someone Like Me service can arrange for one of our volunteers to talk to you by email or telephone. Our volunteers have had a personal experience of breast cancer and are trained to provide support.

You can ring the Someone Like Me team on 0345 077 1893 or email them at someone.likeme@breastcancernow.org,so they can then match you to your volunteer. 

You may be interested in our resources that are particularly for those who have come to the end of their main hospital treatment. These are known as our Moving forward services and include our Moving Forward resource pack

We are also currently providing an Moving Forward online course. The course is open to people who have had a primary breast cancer diagnosis and have finished their hospital-based treatment within the last two years.  You can find out more and register for the programme on our website. These courses are likely to resume to being face-to-face in the near future.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Carolyn

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Lynn23

Titanium marker pain

Hi my name is Lynn23 and was diagnosed with BC Feb 21. Had lumpectomy & lymph nodes surgery March 21 and completed radiotherapy in May 21. I am still feeling a bit numb around my breast and scars and find it difficult to get comfortable in bed. Recently I have pain just above my breast (guessing it’s titanium marker area) feels sore and bruised. Has anyone else experienced this? I would also love to hear how is the best way to get comfortable in bed. Thank you