Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Under arm swelling post LD flap reconstruction

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Under arm swelling post LD flap reconstruction

Hi Linda

Thanks for posting here. 

It can be worrying when you spot a new change in the breast or under arm area after having had treatment for breast cancer.

There are a number of causes of swelling and discomfort like you describe, which may or may not be connected to your previous diagnosis and treatment.

However we would always suggest that you get any new symptom checked out.  You can contact your breast care nurse to ask how you should do this.  She may be able to organise for you to be seen at the clinic, or ask you to see your GP for them to refer you back to your treatment team so an appointment can be made.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open. 

Best wishes

Catherine

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Under arm swelling post LD flap reconstruction

I was diagnosed with DCIS in 2015 and had a mastectomy and LD flap reconstruction in October that year. I have always experienced some swelling under my arm but over the past couple of months this has been accompanied by a stabbing pain. Do I need to see a doctor or is this normal.