Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understand letter

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Understand letter

Hi Jensawreck

Thanks for posting. This sounds like a worrying time.

It doesn’t sound as if anyone at the hospital has explained what the contents of the letter mean for you. Usually this would be talked through with someone at an appointment, before a letter is sent.

Often results from investigations are referred to using a letter and a number. It’s possible this is referring to what the area in your breast felt like (palpation), what it looked like from the mammogram (radiology) image and what it looked like from an ultrasound image. Axillary lymphadenothy means the lymph nodes in your armpit (axilla) are enlarged. 

You are welcome to call us so we can go through in a bit more detail what tests you have had and what this may mean. As hospitals can use different methods, it’s important that your own team talks this through with you. I wonder if you were given the details of a breast care nurse at the hospital. If so do give her a call or contact the breast clinic.

The number for our free and confidential Helpline is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Shi Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Understand letter

Please use the ask the nurse facility on here and phone the number. You should be able to ring your bcn in your trust at anytime too. Hope this helps 💕💕✨✨Shi xx

Highlighted

Understand letter

I received a letter today saying 

Diagnosis suspicious left breast lesion p3, r3, u5 and axillary lymphadenopathy. 

Can anyone please tell me what this means.