Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual left breast enlargement

1 REPLY 1

Re: Unusual left breast enlargement

Hi Sonsy

Thanks for posting.

At Breast Cancer Care, we encourage everyone to be breast aware. Being breast aware means getting to know what your breasts look and feel like normally (for you). This will then give you the confidence to notice and report any changes to your GP.

It’s not clear if your mammogram was done at a breast clinic or through the screening programme. Either way do talk to your GP about the symptoms you have. It’s not possible for us to say what could be causing this as there are lots of different reason why breast changes develop. Your GP may refer you to a breast clinic for a full assessment (if this hasn’t been done already).

You may be interested in our mini guide, Taking care of your breasts. This pocket sized picture leaflet describes a number of breast changes to look and feel for; a change could be anything that is not usual for you.

For more details see our booklet Know your breasts: a guide to breast awareness and screening.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

We are currently reviewing our Forum service and wonder if you would have five to 10 minutes to complete a short survey. The survey will help us gather information about this service and understand more about any improvements we can make.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Unusual left breast enlargement

My left breast is bigger than my right and it is still getting bigger. I get a pulling feeling in the breast around the nipple and  i feel tired on my back. 

What could be wrong?

A mammogram showed no cancer. 

Can a breast grow everyday?