Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update

2 REPLIES 2
Nurse_BCN

Re: Update

Hello Gracie68

Thanks for updating us on your situation.

It’s reassuring that the mammogram has detected the breast cancer when it is in the early stages and you have found your treatment team supportive. But as you and Eglis and other’s in a similar situation have said, it is a shock and can feel like an emotional rollercoaster.

You mention you are having surgery in June. You may find our information about surgery for breast cancer and what to expect after surgery helpful.

We offer a range of free supportive services that you might also be interested in. For more details about all of these services, please see the information on the link, or call our free Helpline

Some online courses have been set up while face to face services are suspended.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk any of this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Please be aware our Helpline will be closed on Monday 31 May due to the bank holiday.

Best wishes

Teresa

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Eglis

Re: Update

My experience is very similar to yours.

Rollercoaster is the right way of describing it.

wishing you all the best for your op.

Take care of yourself 

Gracie68

Update

Hi, 

this is just an update on my previous post, after my recall to the breast clinic my mammogram had shown up a lump on my left breast, I had an ultrasound where my doctor told me it was cancer but he was happy it had been found early, I had a biopsy and a marker put in, 
I went back yesterday for my biopsy results and it was very positive my cancer is grade 2, I had a pre op check and I’m booked in for surgery on June 10th, it’s been a rollercoaster and such a shock not only for me but my family , our daughter gets married in august , but everything is positive and I’m lucky my mammogram picked this up and the amazing doctors xx