Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting to take 3 mm of margem

1 REPLY 1

Re: Waiting to take 3 mm of margem

Hi Drida

Thanks for posting.

It’s natural to wonder if cancer could be growing or spreading when waiting for treatment.

Although unnecessary delays should be avoided, there’s often a wait for further surgery to achieve clearer margins or for another treatment to start. It’s very unlikely that another tumour would grow in this time.

You can always talk this through with your team, your breast care nurse perhaps, to try and feel reassured during this time.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Please be aware that we will be closed on Saturday 9 November for training purposes.

Here is a link to information about all our services.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Waiting to take 3 mm of margem

Hi good afternoon 

I had a WLE surgery and full axillary clearance on 01/10/19 and this week the surgeon that I have no longer cancer on my breast and armpit however I must to have another operation to remove more 3 mm for a safety margin.

The surgery has been booked on 08/11. Is there any possibility that since the operation on 01/10 another tumor had grown and this margin will be greater than before ?