Wellness for chemo

Morning I have a pre ass coming up with chemotherapy scheduled for a week later but at this moment in time have a sore throat and my eyes are wet.  It’s worse at night and during the day tapers off.  Will this affect my pre assessment?  Thanks for any advice

Hi Yellowbean

Thanks for posting asking if your sore throat and watery eyes will affect your chemotherapy pre assessment appointment.

It’s not possible to say if your appointment will be affected. Your breast care nurse or chemotherapy team will be best placed to say if your pre assessment appointment will be affected, so do give them a call to let them know about your symptoms and how you are feeling.

We offer a range of free supportive services which you may be interested in.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form . Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Louise

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.