67.4K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worried a swelling on wrist, possible lymphoedema?

2 REPLIES 2
Nurse_BCN

Re: Worried a swelling on wrist, possible lymphoedema?

Hello yolande55

Thanks for your post.

It’s understandable you want to know whether the swelling around your wrist that you noticed a week ago, after falling asleep wearing your watch, might be the start of lymphoedema. .

As Evie-S mentions, it’s possible your swelling may have gone down now. However, now the bank holiday period as passed, we suggest you contact your treatment team or breast care nurse and let them know, even if the swelling has gone down. As Evie-S suggested, you can also contact the Lymphoedema Support Network for some advice.

You can also call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Teresa

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Evie-S
Community Champion

Re: Worried a swelling on wrist, possible lymphoedema?

Hi yolande55 - I know this is a question for the nurses, but the nurses are currently on leave until 4 January. How is your swelling now? Has it gone down at all? You might want to try the Lymphoedema Support Network - www.lymphoedema.org or 020 7351 4480 (I hope those are up to date details, sorry I haven’t checked). I don’t know if they are there at the moment but they were excellent when I called them for advice.

I hope your swelling has gone or that you can find someone to advise if not. Evie xx

yolande55

Worried a swelling on wrist, possible lymphoedema?

I sleep wearing my quit chunky smart watch and this morning when I woke up, it felt tight and when I took it off, there is noticeable swelling around where the watch had been and some bruising. I may have fell asleep with my wrist underneath me but I am worried that this could be a start of lymphoedema. I have tried to call my breast care team but obviously this is a bad time of year to get hold of anyone.