Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worried and confused

1 REPLY 1

Re: Worried and confused

Hi Louise4542

Thanks for your post.

It’s unsurprising that you’re worried, having thought all was ok with your results.

It’s difficult to know why things have changed. The radiologists may have checked your mammogram and ultrasound images at the Multi Disciplinary Meeting (MDT) when they discussed your biopsy results. This will occasionally change the outcome. This doesn’t mean you have breast cancer but it’s important to be sure.

You could make contact with the breast care nurse team at the clinic you attended to talk things through with you. If you wanted to connect with others who have experienced something similar, this section of our Forum may also be helpful.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Please be aware that we will be closed on Friday 29 March and Saturday 30 March due to an office move. This may cause a slight delay in our response times especially for emails received from Friday 29 March to Monday 1 April. Thank you for your patience during this period. 

We are currently reviewing our Forum service and wonder if you would have five to 10 minutes to complete a short survey. The survey will help us gather information about this service and understand more about any improvements we can make.

Best wishes

Addie

Breast Cancer Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer. This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Worried and confused

I was sent to the breast clinic with a lump in my boob, had mammogram ultrasound and biopsy.....return for results 1 week later and was told it looks ok.....but I had to go back in 6 weeks for a check again.....so when I get there we do the whole thing all over again.....only this time I’m told that I will b sent for a contrast mammogram to show anything up as the original biopsy had done the job.....so very confused as originally I thought it was ok!  Now they say there is some suspicion and will get appointment ASAP!  How can it b ok one minute and not the next? So confused and worried now

please if anyone has experienced similar or have any thoughts let me know x