Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoledronic Acid side effects.

1 REPLY 1
Nurse_BCN

Re: Zoledronic Acid side effects.

Hello Beachwriter

Thanks for posting.

Zoledronic acid can cause the side effects you have experienced. This includes nausea and flu like symptoms. These can last for a few days. When you posted on Wednesday you explained this was six days after your infusion.

If you still don’t feel you are improving or are concerned at all do let your breast care nurse, treatment team or your GP know. If you can take pain relief such as paracetamol and ibuprofen you may find these help your symptoms while you wait to speak to someone.

You may find it helpful to connect with other women who may have experienced something similar. We offer a range of different services that can help with this.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK -prefix 18001).

If you would like a nurse to call you do complete this form. Ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer  Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Beachwriter

Zoledronic Acid side effects.

Six days after my infusion I feel like I have chemo fatigue and don't fancy eating much. I probably overdid it because I have felt so well since chemo finished in December. The mild flu symptoms kept coming and going for the first few days after my infusion and the bad pains in my feet and hands soon went. I have never had Covid, but this morning did a test to make sure as I felt so rough. It was negative.