Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

another appoitment

2 REPLIES 2

Re: another appoitment

Hi Terijean

Thanks for posting.

It’s good to know the investigations you had were not breast cancer.

I’m unsure why the biopsy results showed up as inflammatory cells. An infection such as mastitis can sometimes cause this. However, you didn’t mention other symptoms, such as redness, having a temperature or if the area was ‘hot to touch’. Cysts can also cause inflammation.

Although you’re due to return for a check ultrasound in six weeks’ time, you could make an appointment with your GP to get him to check that everything is ok following your biopsy.

You’re also welcome to call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Please be aware that we will be closed on Saturday 9 November for training purposes.

Best wishes

Addie

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Re: another appoitment

Hi terijean

Thanks for posting your question.

We hope to be able to respond to you tomorrow.

In the meantime our Helpline is open until 4pm today if you would like to talk things through. 

If you do phone our Helpline please let us know that you have asked a question on our forum so that we know your query has been answered. Thank you

With best wishes.

Lisa

Ask Our Nurses Co-ordinator

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer .

another appoitment

Hi

I have a very hard lump in my breast.  My GP referred me to breast clinic.  I was given an U/S which showed I had a lots of cyts's one cyts didn't look quite right so I had a biopsy.

I went back to the clinic today and thankfully they said the biopsy was normal but did show inflammatory cells and because the area is so big and hard they need to re scan me in 6 weeks.  I very pleased that there was no cancer but worried why the cells are inflammatory?

Sorry for being a pain but the consultant was so busy today I didn't want to take up anymore of her time.