Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

coronavirus and letrozole

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: coronavirus and letrozole

Hi Flo

Many people like Piedwarbler are wondering if a diagnosis of breast cancer means they are more at risk of getting the coronavirus (COVID-19).

As far as we know the majority of people who have had breast cancer will not be at any higher risk than the rest of the population.   Those who may be at higher risk include anyone with low immunity, such as people having chemotherapy or people who have had chemotherapy in the last three months.   

As Chelle56 was told yesterday by her BCN,  hormone therapy such as tamoxifen or letrozole does not mean you are more at risk of contracting coronavirus.  Hormone therapies do not affect the immune system. 

Keep taking your hormone therapy and the following advice from the NHS  will help protect you and others.

See our webpage for the answers to some common questions that women are asking about breast cancer and the coronavirus.

For more general advice see Advice on Coronavirus for people with cancer.

Do call our Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks.

The number is 0808 800 6000 (Text relay prefix 18001).

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Eve

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer

Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Hi Flosie 101

I spoke to the bcn yesterday as I am on Letrozole and have just finished rads treatment. She said they are advising us to just to follow the goverment guidelines unless you have had chemo in last 3 months x

Highlighted

I would like to know the same about tamoxifen - as a teacher I’m surrounded by hundreds of children every day and am

worried about Covid-19 

I hope you get the answers you need 

Highlighted

coronavirus and letrozole

Hi

I haven't posted for a while - I will be 5 years NED next month!

However.....

I have been asked by my workplace whether letrozole reduces my immunity and therefore I am considered at risk of coronavirus. I haven't been able to find anything on the internet to say that letrozole lowers immunity but wondered if anybody could confirm this for me please.

Thanks

Flo