Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i have 2 appointments same day different times

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: i have 2 appointments same day different times

Hi Boothy81

Thanks for posting. It sounds like you’re having an anxious time at the moment, which is unsurprising with everything that’s happening with your family.

I’m unsure why you’re being offered two appointments at the clinic on the same day. Appointments for those with breast problems are often seen in a cancer (or oncology) clinic, as they have the appropriate imaging equipment there to perform mammograms and ultrasound scans to help with the assessment

This doesn’t mean that you have cancer. Most changes and lumps in the breast are due to benign (not cancer) conditions.

However, it’s important to find out why you’ve been offered two different times. You could contact the clinic to ask them what the two appointments are for. You could also ask to speak to a breast care nurse to talk things through as you’re feeling anxious.

Do call our free, confidential Helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The number is 0808 800 6000.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am -1pm on Saturday. Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.  

Best wishes

Addie

Breast Cancer Now Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.

Highlighted

Re: i have 2 appointments same day different times

Hi Boothy81 

Thanks for posting your question.

We hope to be able to respond to you tomorrow.

In the meantime our Helpline is open until 4pm today if you would like to talk things through. 

If you do phone our Helpline please let us know that you have asked a question on our forum so that we know your query has been answered. Thank you

With best wishes.

Lisa

Ask Our Nurses Co-ordinator

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer .

Highlighted

i have 2 appointments same day different times

My dad died jan of gbm4 my mum is having ongoing chemo for skin cancery sister had a benign lump removed 10 years ago i found a lump a month ago i couldnt get a gp appointment so saw a nurse practionier. Ive gotten my assessment referal thru i thought it would be at the assessment unit but its not its at the cancer unit and i have 2 appointment for breast surgery clinic one an hour after the other i havnt had notification  that the first appointment is cancelled any suggestions as to why two appointments and why cancer clinc and not assessment center please im so anxious thank you.